Website

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Boogie Woogie



I finished the oil painting of the River Towy with Merlin's Hill in the background today. Its a lovely walk alongside the river but its been flooded a lot lately and the ground is  pretty wet underfoot.

I watched the film "Boogie Woogie" last night. It is a comedy send up of the London Art World. Now I have no real experience of the London Art World other than from what I read and have seen in the galleries, very little of which appeals to me.  I have to say the film was no ringing endorsement of the London Art Scene. I found it funny if a little rude. ( I probably liked it because it reinforced my own impressions). Incidentally the name of the film derives from Broadway Boogie Woogie the name of a painting by Piet Mondrian. He apparently loved to dance to the Boogie Woogie. So the link below is appropriate.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9b3ZZywQvg

No comments:

Post a Comment