Website

Friday 26 June 2015

Seashore


These cheerful little birds are a joy to watch at the waters edge. Often when we anchored we would dry out in an estuary to hear little groups of Oystercatchers calling and flying along the shoreline to their next resting feeding place. This painting is newly finished and going in the exhibition.

Yesterday we went to one of our grandson's schools to watch him doing ballet. This was something of a defining moment for me. When we were in St. Petersburg Alex went to watch the Russian Ballet, Swan Lake. I found an armchair a pint, of beer and read a book. Yes maybe I am a Philistine (or even a stuckist) but its not really my thing. However having watched the children I confess it was very clever and demanding. I was glad we went and that had nothing to do with the fact that we went to "River Cottage"in Bristol for a meal afterwards. It was a very late night but a good day.

I am working on a new painting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment