Website

Thursday 22 December 2011

Optimism



The painting of Llansteffan Green above sold yesterday. I have done a number of paintings of Llansteffan and make no apologies for it. I try to make each one different. I painting many different subjects but there is always a demand for some of the most popular views. Ultimately in order to sell you must paint what the public want. For me that is not an issue as I have a passion to paint and am not too precious about the subject.


I am reminded that Cezanne painted Mont Saint Victoire on a daily basis and never tired of it, painting it literally until he he died.


Ken Howard states that he would, if he started again merely paint one subject over and over. These views are a little extreme for me as I like variety but I can see where they are coming from.

For me my art is about communicating to the world my vision. It is about revealing how I see something. Generally my art is very optimistic a reflection of my view on life.


Today I am in Origin, which is quite a nice change as you get a chance to meet new people. I can’t see me starting my next commission until after Christmas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment