Website

Friday 30 December 2011

Bambi on ice



The sketches above are more form my Christmas pocketbook. Today I started on a new commission that came in yesterday. There is a bit of a rush for it although it is quite doable. I went to the gym first thing. I hadn’t been for a week and when I get on the treadmill at first it is a bit like Bambi on ice. Particularly if I haven’t been to the gym for a few days. My legs have to get in to the rhythm and it takes a few minutes to settle down. I probably look fine but I feel like I am about to fall and shoot off the back of the treadmill.


Painting is a bit like that as well. I am pretty confident I can paint most things to a reasonable standard. However there are always a few butterflies before I start any painting. These become worse the longer I leave between paintings. Once I start that’s it no problem I am “in the mood” and concentration takes over. I am lucky that I don’t have to be feeling creative I can just turn it on automatically. Lucky that as today I had a bit of a hangover.

The painting is coming along fine although bad light stopped play about 3pm. I have another commission to do and I had the opportunity for one yesterday but I decided not to take it. So enough to do.

Alex has had a day out shopping with her mom today so that will be a nice change for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment