Website

Thursday 15 December 2011

Greenmantle




Just to show you that things don’t always go right, although that may be subjective.
The painting above is of a canal in Venice from the previous visit we made there.
I don’t like it. I cant honestly put it down to anything in particular it just doesn’t work for me. I am not sure if I still have it even I think it went at the last clear out.

Today I have walked the dog, been to my mother in laws to fix a couple of things on the wall and move furniture for her, delivered a painting to a customer, creosoted my mom’s fence, dealt with some correspondence and started to read a book. Unfortunately the book was Goldilocks as I was looking after one of the grandchildren. I am not sure what the rest of the day holds but it will probably go quite quickly.


Talking of reading I am only halfway through John Buchan’s “Greenmantle”. John Buchan wrote the “39 Steps” an excellent read. “Greenmantle” is not a book I would recommend. I regret starting it and then continuing with it. It is a poor cross between, Biggles, Boys Own, James Bond and the Famous Five. You get the picture?


It is however quite enlightening about the English attitude towards the rest of the World at the beginning of the 20th century. It makes me cringe somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment