Website

Thursday 26 May 2011

Tears of a Clown ~ apologies to Smokey Robinson


Now I don’t know if there was a reason why I had been left next to a cliff but I can perhaps understand it if I had been crying. Yes the picture above is me in I believe Porth Towyn, Cornwall quite along time ago
Now crying is a great subject and many songs have been written about it including,
 Crying over you ~ Roy Orbison

You don’t have to be a baby to cry ~ Caravelles

Cry me a river ~ Julie London and many others.

Now I have I admit made people cry over the years. Now don’t jump to conclusions, Alex didn’t cry when I accidentally hit her full on her chin when we were practising Kumite (sparring) many years ago. She did have to sit down for a while but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a grown man out cold with a blow like that. It says something about her or me I’m not sure.

I have however made people cry even at a distance. For example I sent a painting to Australia of a public house in Llanelli. The recipient a previous Landlady told me she "weeped" for 15 minutes when she opened it, (and I thought it was good!). She was delighted and sent me a lovely email. It is not unusual for people to get a tear in their eye when getting their painting and for me that says it all. They are happy I am delighted.
So making people cry can be a good thing.

I have been painting this morning and teaching this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment