Website

Sunday 1 May 2011

Saundersfoot Beach


We have been away for a few days to Padstow, which was quite nice. Great weather and nice walks. To be honest I didn’t do much in the way of painting. I did do some sketches and I did a couple of watercolours of old tin mines.


It wasn’t that there weren’t any subjects, but they were not really relevant to the area I sell them.

It would be a waste to paint mount and frame pictures of Padstow with the idea of selling them in South or West Wales. So I did enjoy sketching but am unlikely to take them much further.

The painting above is one I did before I went away of Saundersfoot beach with the harbour in the background. While I was away I spent much time in the company of Charles Dickens and Thomas Hardy. I did also read a short story by Jack London but they can be all a bit the same and I didn’t enjoy it much. While I was doing all this Alex was doing a course at Rick Stein’s on Seafood Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment