Website

Friday 8 April 2011

Dinefwr Castle


This morning I walked the dog around Carmarthen Reservoirs at about 7am. It was a lovely misty morning and there was a smell of water and plants hanging in the air. The goosander are all gone now but there were several mallards and moorhens on the water. The noise of the birds was spectacular in Bluebell woods. Wood pigeons were cooing and a woodpecker was playing a snare drum.


I really enjoy this time in the morning it allows you to either concentrate your senses on all the noises and sights around or completely go within yourself and think about the coming day or work you have on.

On the way home a magpie flew across the path so I naturally saluted him.

Several years ago I was lucky enough to watch an otter playing in the top pool. It is a long way from the river so I am not sure how he got there. I haven’t seen one in there since.

Today I did the watercolour of Dinefwr Castle above and then went to the library. Alex has been busy making cards so quite a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment