Website

Monday 13 December 2010

White Cattle


The painting above was sold on Saturday and is of Dinefwr Castle and their famous white cattle. The cattle have been associated with Dinefwr since Medieval times and are apparently distinctly different from all other breeds. I just like their long horns and inquisitive faces.
Today was the last day of the exhibition and we reached our target so officially a success but still disappointing that more people didn't come to look at the paintings. I think some people are afraid they will be put under high pressure to buy something. Not my style at all. In fact I am pretty much a poor salesman.
Paul Stokle came in today and we had a good chat he exhibits in the King Street Gallery (http://www.kingstreetgallery.co.uk/) and is a painter I greatly respect.
I also had a lady of some years come in who spent at least 20 minutes examining the paintings which was for me a real pleasure. I asked her what her favourite painting was when she was leaving she said it was Llansteffan. I was pleased to give her a nice card of it.
Tomorrow we are taking the exhibition down and Wednesday I will be back painting. I have so many images in my head there is no lack of subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment