Website

Saturday 24 May 2014

Validation of a painting


I have to admit that for the most part I don't really mind what people think or say about anything unless they are a friend or family member.

I don't feel a need for critics or anyone else to like my work. When I did my degree my tutors and I agreed  to differ and it never changed what I did. (I still liked them. I just wasn't going to change how I painted). So when it comes to my work I am quite happy if only Alex gives it the thumbs up, but to be honest it is still nice to receive plaudits and in particular it is always nice that the recipient of a painting is moved by the work.

Fortunately this happens quite often. Today I received an email regarding the above painting of Mwnt.

"Your painting of Mwnt was presented to a delighted couple last night. It brought tears to their eyes" 

Alright, hopefully of Joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment