Website

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Raining fish


Yesterday I was out for my walk with Jac after a terrential downpour. It was just getting light. We had a good walk around the reservoirs and came back along the road to Cwmoernant Farm. I suddenly noticed half a dozen small fish on the road and in the grass, all no longer than 4 inches.
Was this thought a portent of future events? We have been having unusually extreme weather are we now going to endure the ten plagues of Egypt? Plagues of locusts, plagues of hail? Has it been raining fish?
Well I don't know they weren't gold fish so I can't blame the local cat poaching a pool. I haven't seen a heron in the reservoir for a couple of years although there has been the odd visiting cormorant. It is odd that several fish had been left. I am not sure what they were but they were similar in size to a small roach. Anyway it was a curious incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment