Website

Saturday 18 January 2014

Pembrokeshire Coast


The painting above is a larger version of a painting of the Pembrokeshire Coast I showed earlier this week. I was taken with it and it had been a while since I had done a watercolour I decided to set about the same scene in a larger format.

Last night Alex and I went to Swansea. Not a place I would ordinarily choose to go on a  Friday night. However one of our daughter's had kindly given me tickets for the Pink Floyd Experience.
So off we went not knowing what to expect. I have seen many great bands, The Doors, The Who, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Moody Blues...., Individual artists, Bob Dylan, Chris Rea....., and tribute bands.
Well I can say the evening was way above any reasonable expectation and I had been looking forward to it. The sound could possibly have been tweaked but they were excellent musicians/artists and I could have sat there all night. Dark Side of the Moon has probably never been played better (except by the Floyd, just). A wonderful wall of sound.
I didn't mention before the band -- we got there early to make sure we could park opposite  in the small car park and wandered about the theatre. We came across a Pepper Pig cut out for kids.
I persuaded Alex to get on the floor and stick her head in it, I know childish but I was in hysterics.



This morning Alex was still in Floyd mode and persuaded Mal Pope to play "Us and Them" on Radio Wales. As it is 7 minutes long he played it as the back drop to the sports news which I thought was funny Alex was less amused but did laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment