Website

Thursday 2 January 2014

New Years Resolution


I don't normally make New Years resolutions but I have made two this year. One I will keep to my own counsel and see how it goes! The other is to paint more oils en plein air. I do plenty of sketching and use watercolour outside but I tend not to use oils for practical reasons. I do my oil paintings in the studio.
I will probably make a pochade box to make life simpler. This is a little paint box that will hold small canvas or primed boards and keep them safe after painting. A pochade is a French name for a little portable painting mainly done blocking in as opposed to linear. The box also holds brushes a small number of paint tubes and medium. There are a number of designs and you can buy them at a reasonable price. I will probably make my own to make sure it is light as possible and will hold my choice of materials.
Yesterday I spent stripping wallpaper and then had dinner with one third of the family 5 adults and 4 children.. Today a light meal and a good walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment