Website

Friday 24 May 2013

Walking a dog on the beach



I finished the above painting this week. It shows a couple walking their dog on Llansteffan Beach.
It would appear that this activity may be further restricted in future. I note there are moves afoot to place further banning notices on beaches in Carmarthenshire.

Like most people I hate it when dog owners don't clean up after their dogs on the beach or park... However in my experience this is in fact a minority. I appreciate the Council are in a difficult position and I can quite understand having "different areas" of a beach where dogs are banned. This seems to me to be a sensible position. But a total ban as is the case in some other areas is both short sighted (as it will adversely affect tourism) and disproportionate in my view. So here's hoping we have sensible compromises.

No comments:

Post a Comment