Website

Sunday 20 May 2012

Jubilee


I was asked to do something for the window of the Waverley in Carmarthen to celebrate the Jubilee.
So I spent this morning doing the above painting. It was quickly undertaken on oil sketching paper and using quick drying alkyd oils.
I have met and spoken to the Duke of Edinburgh on a number of occasions. The conversations were generally short and to the point.  The Duke is quite a character and very much his own man. He is interested in art and has dabbled himself. He had plenty of time for Edward Seago and took him on Brittania when they went to the Southern Atlantic.
I have not had the pleasure of meeting the Queen although I have been in her company  on a number of occasions.
This afternoon we are going to a birthday party for one of our granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment