Website

Thursday 18 August 2011

A great start to the day



This morning’s walk was memorable. I took the dogs up through the woods and down Penlanffos. As we approached the woods I saw a ginger coloured animal sitting under the hedge when I got closer I could see it was a fox. It slowly stood up and walked across the path and disappeared into the wood.

Going through the wood a jay started to make his presence felt. I believe the Welsh name for a jay is screchian y coed very apt as it relates to the scream they make in the woods.

When we cleared the woods and came on to the top field house martins were swooping low over the grass 3ft or 4 ft off the ground. Then as we came down the lane the cows were walking back from milking and swallows were perched on the electric wires.

A great start to the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment