Website

Saturday 15 January 2011

Towy Valley



I had time to do a little watercolour today shown above. It is a view down the Towy Valley towards Paxton's Tower from Newton House. I have got a commission to do but the weather is against me on that one for the time being.


So this afternoon I will now be watching the Heineken Cup Rugby on TV. We were offered 2 tickets to watch Scarlets v. Leicester this afternoon but it was a bit late in the day and it’s pretty miserable so we will watch it on TV.

Tomorrow we will probably go for a walk on the beach at Llansteffan to blow out the cobwebs. Which reminds me of an embarrassing moment.

Not too long ago we took my mother and sister to for a drive to the beach in our blue Astra. After parking up in the beach car park we went for a walk. After about 10 minutes my elderly mother and sister decided to go back and get a cup of tea from the tearoom by the car park.

When we returned we walked up behind the car and I could see my sister had sat in the drivers seat with my mother alongside in the front. They were drinking tea. I tapped on the roof, which caused them to jump, and then went to open the boot to let the dog in. Looking out of the corner of my eye I then saw coming from the direction of the tea room my mother and sister carrying cups of tea. I now noticed the second blue Astra next to this car. Clearly I had got the wrong car. To make matters worse in my embarrassment I opened the driver’s door to apologise. I think the two elderly spinsters thought they were going to be mugged. I did manage to apologise and somehow explain the situation before driving off very red faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment