Website

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Druidstone


I have man flu! Nothing desperate but normally I am quite lucky and haven't had a cold for a couple of years. Anyway  yesterday we went to the post office post a painting abroad. Its a bit of a pain as there is generally a long queue and it is twenty questions when you get to the counter. The staff are all pretty good but it is time consuming.

Today a squirrel was checking his larder in our back lawn. He buries cob nuts  in the lawn for winter. I had let it grow over the last three weeks to help him out. It does the grass no harm and saves me a job. I don't know how he finds them after but he is good.

The view above is of ponies on the beach at Druidstone. Over the years I have done a number of paintings of this area. The one above sold a few years ago. On a sad note Alan Carrier a fine craftsman and Chairman of the Origin Arts and Crafts Co-operative passed away suddenly this week. He was a lovely man and he will be missed by all that knew him.

No comments:

Post a Comment