Website

Monday 3 March 2014

Carmarthen Market


The painting above is of the old Market in Carmarthen. The clock tower still stands but it has all changed for the better or worse I cannot say. It was exhibited at the National Assembly of Wales for a short period. It found a good home years ago.

Today I am painting the Holy Cross Church at Mwnt, that is I have started doing a painting of it.
The light is good and I should get 8 hours in.  I expect to finish the painting tomorrow all being well.

I am a bit concerned about Alex of late she has taken to speaking like a character out of a Jane Austin novel, saying things like,"indeed" and "how agreeable". Not that it is a problem as such but the bustle and bonnet are going a bit too far!

There are actually some quite good quotes from Jane Austin's novels. Such as:

"One man's ways may be as good as another's, but we like our own best."

and

"I have not the pleasure of understanding you." 

(The latter is always worth remembering for the odd occasion you are on the receiving end of a monologue from some pompous chump).





No comments:

Post a Comment