Website

Friday 28 February 2014

Laugharne


 I am a bit low on the painting stock I have available at the moment. I normally have about 60-70 framed paintings ready for sale or an exhibition. This is in addition to stock in galleries. I find that I only have about half that at the moment. So I am going to have to get on with it.
Anyway this week I have been doing a largish painting of Laugharne. One of the views I normally choose is from the water treatment site as this gives a good landscape view of the castle and the boathouse. This time I decided to do a view from the small jetty instead which gives a nice clump of water in the foreground with the boats and includes both the castle and the boathouse.

The picture above shows the first stage. I spent some time getting the sky right. This is important as it sets the tone for the rest of the painting. I laid out the painting using a HB pencil to indicate the main outline of the castle and skyline and a few lines to indicate where the other features might be. I try to use as little pencil as possible (if at all, I prefer a brush and oil paint when practicable) as it gets mixed with the paint and can make it dirty if you are not careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment