Website

Monday 22 October 2012

War Memorial 23rd Royal Welch Fusiliers Lammas Street.



Yesterday Alex and I went to fetch Norma, Alex's mother and her friend from Bristol Airport all went well until we got to the Centre of Bristol. The road was closed and we had to go back. I didn't have a road atlas, the diversion signs were non existent, but we had the sat nav. Well good old Tom so good they named him twice,Tom Tom. If we hadn't been on our way to collect Norma it would have been nice to enjoy the detour.  
We could never have found a more obscure route if we had tried. Little lanes, tracks, and I swear we went through someones garden at some stage. Anyway we got there even if it was by way of Canterbury. On the way back we had the same problem and ended up picking the motorway up in Clevedon! Next time I am in Town I will buy a Road Atlas.
I thought today I would do a painting of the Crimea War Memorial and Lammas Street Carmarthen. The memorial is dedicated to the 23rd Royal Welch Fusiliers. For the painting I will probably leave out the railings around it. Anyway the sketch for the painting is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment