Website

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Kidwelly Castle


I finished the painting of Kidwelly Castle this afternoon. It is showing just slightly dark in the image but the camera needed charging and I couldn't be bothered to do it again. I intend to run prints off it in any case so
it is only if Alex wants cards off it that I need to re do the photo. The printers have a set up to capture large images of paintings that I couldn't hope to match. It is an imposing castle and I hope I have done it justice.
I had thought about putting a grey heron in the foreground but in the end decided it wouldn't improve the composition. I did include some rooks in the background.
I think I will sit down with a cup of tea and a book for half an hour now. Jac has been out twice, I have been to the gym and finished the painting so half an hour in the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment