Website

Saturday 6 October 2012

Day of the Aunties ~ Clive Gravell


Yesterday I was stewarding in the Origin gallery King St. Carmarthen. On impulse I bought a book called, "Day of The Aunties," by Clive Gravell who came into the shop. The book describes his experiences being brought up in Carmarthen during the 1950's.

My instincts were right. It was a lovely book full of interest and humour. Although I wasn't brought up in Carmarthen it took me back to my own boyhood a real trip down Memory Lane. In it Clive refers to the "White Bridge" this is the Bascule Bridge which I have painted above.
Anyway it is beautifully written and an easy read. I smiled all the way through. I recommend it.

Today I am probably going to do a watercolour after struggling to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment