Website

Friday 5 October 2012

Anyone for Tennis


You would think with a name like Mark Cox I would be good at tennis. (Mark Cox was a tennis player in the 1960's). I actually have very little ability in sport. In football I used to be able to shoulder charge players (this was a long time ago) and bring them down as a defender. In rugby I got around the field and could tackle. My reactions were good in boxing but I was never keen on being hit and forgot to breath. I kept up karate for about 10 years and enjoyed that. Anyway on a really boring day this year I watched Wimbledon. I lost track of the score, lost interest and picked up my sketch pad.
The other day my mother asked me if her memory was going. Well considering she had just been telling me she remembered the Romans coming to Britain and meeting Queen Victoria I thought it was pretty good, if a little bit off track. I occasionally forget myself. The other day Alex reminded me not to forget  to pick up her mother and take her to "Lidls" to meet a coach. Fair play I remembered and was just pulling in to "Lidls" when I realised I had a problem. I hadn't picked up her mom on the way.
Today I am in the gallery and Alex is looking after the grandchildren. I know where I would rather be.

No comments:

Post a Comment