Website

Thursday 14 October 2010

I love cricket


I mentioned in a previous post that my grandson had asked if I would be an angel when he was grown up. I got to thinking about my own grandfather. I was fortunate that I did get to know him as I was about 10 years old when he died. He used to take me to watch the cricket at Edgbaston. That is the home of Warwickshire. Strangely enough I also met Alex at Edgbaston County Cricket ground, although that was at a dance. The painting above is of my great grandfather who was born in Ayreshire. I did the painting from an old photo. I dont often do portraits now and then only of family members.
Today I taught watercolours to a lady who comes for private tuition. She did a very light and lovely painting from a sketch of the Menai Straits. I also finished a painting of Ferryside in oils.
Alex is now busy painting the walls. Tomorrow will probably be more decorating and maybe a small painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment