Website

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Cattle in the floods


The picture above is of the scene I saw of cattle in a flooded field at the begining of October. I didn't get a chance to sketch ot take a photo of it at the time it was just posted in my mind for future reference.
I am not fortunate enough to have a photographic memory but I am able to visualise some scenes and paint without other references particularly if there is no great amount of detail required.
Today I painted in the gallery. I went up the Black Mountains on Sunday and today I painted a scene from the Black Mountains of a stream and waterfall. I may put a red kite in the painting when dry as we did see half a dozen and it may just be what is needed. I will see.
This is my last post for a week or so as I am away. My family are coming down to look after my mom so a week away and a bit of walking and painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment