Website

Thursday 30 July 2015

Chicken Surprise


Although I do most of the cooking these days Alex is an excellent cook.  I recall one Christmas a long time ago when Alex's Mom and her grandmother came to visit us (Happy Birthday Norma!). We had been married a couple of years.


Anyway Alex obviously wanted to put on a good display of her culinary expertise and we saved up for the event. Come the day everything was elaborately done with hand made place names, a table cloth, starters a bottle of wine (probably Lambrusco) etc.. Bear mind that at this time we didn’t even have carpets or much in the way of furniture other than a new bed and a second hand three piece suite Alex’s Mom had given us. Our weekly consumption of meat was generally a pack of sausages.

Anway all went swimmingly well until a panic stricken Alex caught hold of me and confessed she had left the plastic bag of giblets in the chicken which was now cooking in the oven. I said it would be fine and don’t admit it. Now Alex can't tell a lie and would admit anything before even being asked but on this occasion she summoned up superhuman strength and kept stum. (this saying apparently comes from a German word for dumb).


There was a little bit of an after taste with the chicken as I recall but that was probably because I knew about the plastic in the bird. Alex swore me to secrecy and I remained silent ~ until now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment