Website

Friday 15 May 2015

Spitfire


I have pretty well finished my collection of paintings for the annual exhibition. I am minded to do another Spitfire because, its different, they sell easily enough, I like the subject.

I am fascinated by most things mechanical. I like to know how they all work and see that as part of the process of recreating them on canvas, board or paper. When I was painting more maritime work and attending boat shows etc. I was fairly knowledgeable about rigging. I even went as far as to build a wooden scale model of a British Frigate of the 1780's to ensure I had a good knowledge of its construction.

Whether the Spitfire will be done and dry for the Exhibition or not I don't know. I do intend to get  painting of Bluebells in Dinefwr however. I have done a bluebell painting before and to be honest I didn't like it it was pretty garish. This one therefore will be a challenge to get the colour right for the composition. I am going up to Dinefwr to get some reference material. If the bluebells are passed their best it doesn't matter that much that's the beauty of painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment