Website

Sunday 10 May 2015

A day at the beach - and a visit with Mark Twain


So I am pretty up to date with my work now. I have a couple of paintings left to do for the exhibition but am pretty much covered. As I have been painting 6 days a week it is good to slow down a bit now and at least Alex can see the end of framing in sight.

Yesterday I decided to relax a bit I decided to do a beach scene. I had no clear idea of the outcome, a definite no no really. Anyway I thought I would just have fun adding and subtracting figures until I was happy with the final composition. I don't recommend this approach but it passed a few hours enjoyably. The colours matches aren't great on the image but as my sister would say, "There you go."

Yesterday evening we went to see our son and daughter in law. They live on a farm and the children are all real characters. When we arrived they were all outside playing. Barefooted, wild and looking like something out of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. The hens and dog were following the youngest around. Another had obviously found the tin of garden paint and decided to try out some contemporary art on everything including himself. One pair were wrestling and laughing the whole time we were there. Great to be young, happy and free.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment