Website

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Whales


I had intended to do an oil painting today. I have the image in my head and I prepared a board to size. Then I chickened out. I could probably have done it but could also have made a pigs ear of it.
I decided to leave it until tomorrow.
Anyway on a cheerful note when we went to Iceland (not the frozen food store) and Norway I was made up as they say or they used to say 20 odd years ago? Alex and I saw Minke Whales off Iceland and halfway across to Norway we saw 3 pods of Orca (killer whales). Now I got pictures of the Minke whales but my camera battery went flat and of course I didn't take the charger Duh!! Anyway I did a sketch or two and it will be one of those memories that remain with me for the rest of my life or as long as I can remember things. Such a shame they are hunted.

No comments:

Post a Comment