Website

Thursday 25 July 2013

Godfoss


When we were in Iceland recently we saw some wonderful scenery. I could have happily sketched or painted for days. Inevitably taking it as much as possible in in a limited time meant I only had minutes to get anything done. The pen ink and watercolour sketch above was done at Godfoss when we had a 15 minute coach stop. It is a spectacular waterfall on a glacier fed river. The story goes that when Iceland decided to adopt Christianity in 900 something the statues of the old pagan gods were thrown in the falls hence the name "Godfoss".

Yesterday I noticed one of my completed paintings awaiting framing had a scratch mark across it where I had caught it with something, another task to be done today!

Now its off to take Jac for his first walk of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment