Website

Saturday 26 January 2013

Lundy Island - MS Oldenburg



Here is a watercolour sketch I did of MS Oldenburg at Lundy Island. I have said before Alex and I used to do a fair bit of sailing when we could in and around the Bristol Channel and Pembrokeshire. Unfortunately
we had to give up due to family commitments. Anyway we have a lot of good memories.

On one occasion we anchored overnight at Lundy Island and The Oldenburg came in. She is the supply and passenger vessel owned by the Island. I believe the name "Lundy"is from the Norse meaning Puffin?
I remember the passage back to Milford Haven was a bit fraught as we didn't have radar and there was  a thick sea fog. The fog lifted when we approached the entrance to Milford Haven but we were also met with large rollers breaking on the way into the channel. It was exciting to say the least.

This weekend we have our daughter and family staying. We took our grandson to town as we had some work to despatch. We use reigns on the little chap who is 4. He may look like a dog on a lead but at least you have control over him. I haven't got him to sit at the side of the road yet but in all other respects his obedience work is good. Seriously he is a good kid and frighteningly intelligent, ( I don't know where that gene came from!).

No comments:

Post a Comment