Website

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Goodbye Mr Davies

I was saddened to learn today that our neighbour Mr Davies had died. He lived in the smallholding behind us.
He apparently collapsed and died on the same day. Up until then he had been a constant part of our local landscape. He was always out pottering Woodbine in his mouth, cap pulled down, scythe in hand and up to his knees in nettles. I enjoyed stopping for a chat with him. He always gave us apples from his orchard and we gave him young tomato plants. We occasionally saw him in one of the local pus and always bought him a drink.
I would be grateful for a quick exit like his, ~  but hopefully I will have to wait a good while longer. Today I did a bit of work in the upstairs gallery in Origin before its opening tomorrow and then started a new painting. Alex has found time to do some framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment