Website

Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year



A New Year is upon us. It is a time of reflection and commitment. It is a time to remember fondly times with family and friends many of whom are no longer here but to be thankful for their time with us. The painting above is a large portrait of my Mother who is no longer with us.

She was always an early riser and as soon as I heard her get up a as child I would follow. I would go out and she would point out the stars to me. I remember having to turn the great heavy mangle to dry the clothes and then going into light the fire. She always made me a breakfast of cheese on toast with marmalade. I have many happy memories of my childhood and I hope my children do to.

This morning I stood and pleasantly chatted to the old farmer in the mist on the top of the Valley. It broke up the walk which started in complete darkness but ended in half light.

Anyway:

Have a Happy New Year !




No comments:

Post a Comment