Website

Friday 23 December 2016

Stannier Locomotive crossing Lifting Bridge Carmarthen


I thought this painting was appropriate today. A painting of  Stannier Black Five crossing the Bascule Bridge at Carmarthen. I have posted it before but it is one of my favourite paintings and very Christmassy!

I had an interesting conversation with a young grandson yesterday. 

"Grandad why don't you believe in anything?" 


Was the awkward question from a young lad who still believes in Father Christmas. My first thought was who told you? The second was how do I answer this? I think I answered it sensitively without impinging on his beliefs. If I managed that then I wish everyone else in the world could follow suit as it would be a better place for it. Too many people are trying to impose their beliefs on others.

Anyway: 

"Nadolig Llawen, Happy Christmas, Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia, Froehliche Weihnachten, Joyeux    Noel. Suksun Wan Christmas!"

No comments:

Post a Comment