Website

Monday 12 December 2016

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas



Now I do like Christmas and one of my favourite songs is "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas" by Bing Crosby (although I believe Perry Como did it first).  I think it captures the true meaning of Christmas and the lyrics:

"A pair of hop-along boots and a pistol that shoots
Is the wish of Barney and Ben,"  

say it all. Yes I like a Christmas Carol Service ( although I haven't been to one for a long time) but I am more into the goodwill and giving particularly to the grandchildren.  I also get the lyrics:

"And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!"

The last few days we have been in Ludlow where we met up with old friends from Newtown and had a very convivial time. Alex has bought a CD (yes we still buy CDs) its like the Italian four Amigos or something anyway they are singing opera about Christmas I think? Anyway its just.....interesting?


Link  Bing Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment