Website

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Sunny Morning



Early every morning I take my dog for a walk. Today was no exception. I also had with me my sister who is stopping with us at the moment. The walk involves a climb past the reservoir up through the woods and fields to Penlanffos. This affords a wonderful view right down the Towy Valley. I generally stop and look over the valley for 5 minutes. It is a moment for reflection and also to catch your breath after the long uphill climb.

You can see East all the way to the Black Mountains and West towards Green Castle corner.
This morning I could hear a buzzard over the woods and had the company of cattle in my viewing point. It was a bright warm morning with the sun behind Merlins Hill. It would have made a good subject with the Hill and cattle all contre jour, ie. the light behind them. I have done several paintings looking down the valley from different points. The painting above is of Abergwili with Merlins Hill behind from Llangunnor Churchyard..

No comments:

Post a Comment