Website

Saturday 7 June 2014

Pilgrims Progress


Slowly but surely the painting is coming together. It is always a trade off deciding on the level of detail. You always get someone coming along and saying the return valve has a left hand thread ... Actually the picture is fairly accurate, sufficient to satisfy me anyway. The painting itself is a combination of techniques blocking in, layering, and being quite free and painterly. I am getting more drawn to the idea of keeping it for my own collection, but there again.. Anyway a bit to go yet before it is finished.

Alex has been busy framing up new prints this morning while I was painting although we both found time to watch the All Blacks and England. To be fair (as my sister always says) it was a good game and England played well.

No comments:

Post a Comment