Website

Tuesday 25 July 2017

Burgess Jewellers Carmarthen


The above painting was a commission. Peter and Bethan Burgess were closing down the family business in Carmarthen and retiring. It is an old building in Lammas Street Carmarthen and was quite a nice subject. I thought an evening view would only enhance it. The worst part was the sign writing particularly on a small scale and varying angles but it worked out.

Today I dropped a couple of prints in to Origin in Carmarthen and then decided to look in Oriel Myrddin at the exhibition. Well to be honest I don't normally find anything there that interests me but there have been one or two surpises in the past. I am not passing judgement on any works displayed there but they generally hold little personal interest for me. Art is about personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment