Website

Thursday 21 November 2013

Winter near Brechfa


These winter mornings have inspired me to capture the spirit of the season. I know we don't have major snow yet.

Anyway the painting above was finished yesterday. "Winter near Brechfa". A loose impressionistic style suited the subject and hopefully captured the moment.

I don't dislike the cold and have been used to working or being outside most of my life. The other day we pulled up in front of the house and Alex asked me what it meant when there was condensation on the window. I said that it meant that one side of the glass was warmer than the other and that the water condensed on the glass of the warmer side.

She said, "Is that why there's condensation on the outside of the house?"  and pointed to our windows.
I said, "No that's on the inside," and then went and ran my finger over the glass to prove the point. As I did so the water gathered and I realised she was right it was colder in the house.

I have now relented and we have the heating on first thing in the morning, but not for long!

Link a bit cheesey but  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6jptOQ84A

No comments:

Post a Comment