Website

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Slide show of Holidays snaps!


Yesterday Alex and I went to see our eldest daughter's family. We had been looking after their dog while they went away on a cruise.  They had a a great time albeit that the Bay of Biscay was a tad rough on the way back. We took the cool box with us as they don't use milk and I live on tea. The coolbox is one of those that you plug into the car cigarette lighter socket. A few months ago it stopped working. Now I never have needed an excuse to take apart anything mechanical, purely for the challenge of putting it back together and to see how it works. So when the coolbox packed up I stripped it down replaced some wires and Hey Presto I smugly announced, "Look Alex I have fixed it the little fan is going around!"

So when we went to pick up the dog we took the coolbox and some other provisions. I plugged it in and it merrily purred away during the car journey. However when we got there and opened the "Cool" box we found the contents had been cooked. The coolbox had been working in reverse and the large aluminium sink was hot and the fan was sucking in air. It seems I had mistakenly crossed the positive and negative wires! Oh how the Gods laughed!

Anyway for yesterdays journey I swapped the wires around and all was well.

When we were there we were treated to a slide show of photographs taken on the cruise. (Jen you would have loved this). Now this was not the usual holiday album. Our four year old grandson had been appointed (or appointed himself) official photographer. So the slide show entailed about:

47 images of his Mr Men Collection,
Several photographs of the toilet,
Several interesting pictures of the stained glass ceiling in the reception when he apparently lay on his back,
Numerous other images taken with no flash showing human legs and other body parts from the perspective of a 46 inch four year old.

I am not sure if there is a minimum age limit to the Turner Prize (judging by the entries I doubt it) but his collection could surely win it. If he could come up with a suitably pretentious artists statement it would be a cert!


No comments:

Post a Comment