Website

Thursday 14 November 2013

Christmas is coming


Well I decided to do a watercolour of Ty Cymorth as well. Not really a lot more you can do with a building to make it anymore interesting. I have added a few people.

Its getting nearer to Christmas and Alex always goes way over the top. Not that I am complaining her Christmas's are perfect if a little too much food. (If she reads this having too much food won't be a problem). Anyway a delivery came today. A large box containing wait for it.....Christmas toilet rolls complete with decorations! Err okay...

Last night I gave a talk that had been arranged about 12 months ago. (It was my last talk as I have decide not to do any more). It was in a church hall just outside Carmarthen. It was a horrible wet night which really helped when loading the car with examples of my work etc. I wasnt one hundred percent certain where the church hall was although I knew the church itself as I have painted it for several people and painted from there as there is a good view of the valley.

We arrived in good time climbing the hill in the car. The lane is single track and I had been told to turn off  before the church. It was near the farm and there was plenty of parking. We drove into the farmyard. It was dark and we couldn't see any sign of a church hall and there was hardly any room for parking. At the rear of the farmyard was a single track road. I thought it must be down here. It was totally dark and the single track road was in good condition so we started off. Gradually we started going down hill and the track got narrower and narrower. Weeds began to appear in the middle. At this point there was no going back. I was afraid it was going to end up in a muddy field. The lane got rougher but we had to go on and eventually the lane came out onto a B road. So much for my navigation skills and Alex wont let me forget it.

Anyway the talk was a success. The audience were very nice and we were made to feel at home well and at least no one fell asleep. (They also insisted on giving me expenses which I have never accepted for my talks. I will donate them to Ty Cymorth).

Link well just because Christmas is coming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTnzNeTWmE

No comments:

Post a Comment