Website

Friday 15 November 2013

Ministry of Food Christmas Pudding


I made our Christmas pudding a few weeks back and it is sitting eagerly waiting for 25th December.

Today I have put the Christmas Pudding on to steam that is going to take about 8 hours so I haven't been painting as the inevitable consequence would be that I would forget about the pudding not top up the water and the pan would run dry!

I have my grandmother's "Mrs Beeton Book of Household Management" which is 98yrs old and has been well used. It is stuffed with recipes and miscellaneous odds and ends. The recipe above for Christmas Pudding is from the Ministry of Food when rationing was still in force. I confess I didn't use this recipe nor actually my grandmother's I went for Delia.

I was sorry to hear that Jonathan Davies is leaving the Scarlets for Clermont. I can understand why and don't blame him for taking the opportunity. He will at least have a painting to take with him to remind him of home.

Now I better go and check on pudding!

No comments:

Post a Comment