Website

Saturday 30 November 2013

I don't get it


Now this is obviously a good artist. No its not me! He is successful and has his work included on internatioinal  galleries etc. But let me give you my own personal take on this type of work.

According to the accompanying statement to his work,

Senada's "Theory of Obscurity" states that an artist can only produce art when the expectations and influences of the outside world are not taken into consideration.

Well forgive me but that is either a wholly naive idea or he expects people to accept this concept and swallow this.
In order not to be influenced by the world you would either not have to be from the planet or dead, which may actually explain a lot.

I have no personal axe to grind with the artist good luck to him if he can get people to pay for his work and appreciate it, but for me, I JUST DON'T GET IT.

There again I dont get:

People who wear their trousers around their backside without a belt
Making cars that do 120mph when the speed limit is 70 mph
Having 24 opening for licensed premises when we have problems with alcohol related events
Ballet
Strictly Come Dancing

Its probably an age thing. What don't you get?




2 comments:

  1. How many artists have written a statement about their work re-read it properly and work out exactly what they have said- so often its asks the reader to comprehend what they are saying without an accompanying dictionary.
    The banning of art-speak is long overdue.

    ReplyDelete