Website

Saturday 16 November 2013

Remembrance Day


I am not one to do direct copies of photographs as a rule. There are man y good reasons why you shouldn't do it. However last weekend one image caught my imagination that of Her Majesty The Queen at the Remembrance Day Ceremony.

Today we have visitors coming and I am doing lunch then there is the rugby so no real time to paint. I thought well okay I have 40 minutes to do something. I got out the paints and started on the painting. I painted the canvas black all over then blocked in the image as below.



To be honest it could be quite enough to stand by itself as a finished item but  I carried on to a more detailed finish above and amended the shape of the mouth and chin. Okay it took me an hour but not bad in the time. I captured what I wanted of the image. I doubt it will ever see a frame but I enjoyed doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment