Website

Saturday 28 September 2013

W R Colquhoun - Cirencester St John Baptist Church


I did this watercolour of St John the Baptist Church in Cirencester from a bench in the churchyard.
I had 30 minutes to spare before meeting Alex. 30 minutes is a short time when painting and taking the dog for a walk. It is a very long time when Alex is let loose with the credit card in the shops.

Anyway I did the little watercolour without interruption. Occasionally there are the odd early morning drinkers in the graveyard which can be a bit off putting.The bench was in a lovely position under a tree. I noticed the dedication to W R Colquhoun born 1899 died 1971. I wondered who he was and looked him up on line on returning to Carmarthen. He lived at Cecilly Hill House in Cirencester and is in Burkes Peerage.  His father was decorated and took part in the relief of Kimberly in the Boer War.

Anyway curiosity satisfied on this account. I am stewarding in the gallery today.


No comments:

Post a Comment