Website

Sunday 8 September 2013

A waste of time?


Okay so never waste time you can never get it back. I was with Alex in Isafjordur when she decided she needed the little girls room. While she went off for 5 minutes I grabbed my sketch pad and found the most interesting thing within 40 metres. Yes its a house a slightly rusty corrugated iron house. (No doubt corrugated iron sheets were practical to put up houses quickly in the early and mid 20th century).
Will I ever do anything with the picture? Well actually yes I have put it on my blog but that was not the intention when I did it. It was a few minutes of pleasure and practice the doing it was sufficient ends in itself for me. I probably got a few odd looks form the locals wondering why I was painting a house in the midst of stunning mountains and fjords but there  we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment