Website

Friday 20 July 2012

Geoff Eales Trio

The painting above is of the Brecon Beacons and sold last week. Brecon has an annual Jazz Festival which I was involved in many years ago. At the time the Festival was used by some as an excuse to drink all day and misbehave.
When the licensing laws changed so did the Festival to being what it should have been about. Anyway last night Alex and I went to see the Geoff  Eales Trio at the Cawdor in Llandeilo. It was a very pleasant evening. I am not a great jazz fan but like most kinds of music and I did recognise  many of the pieces. I have been brought up on big band, Duke Ellington, Artie Shaw, Count Basie etc. They were excellent. Watching them I noted that Musical Artists have to perform whilst for the most part painters work alone. I think that's why I don't like giving demonstrations (and have stopped doing them).  I like to concentrate on the painting not giving a performance to an audience.
Today Alex had been struck down with a mystery illness which I am assured has nothing to do with the alcoholic beverages consumed last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment