Website

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Swings and Roundabouts


Had a good day at Aberglasney today. I painted a view of Porth Madoc with boats in front of the Yacht Club. I then did some pencil work. I think its important to keep up with your draughting skills although I acknowledge I dont do enough.

The painting above is of Tenby Fishing Boats and Sold today. We have had a lot of cards go so Alex will be up late card making..

Its funny how ironic life can be. Art really is subjective. When you put your work up to be exhibited you open yourself up to critical analysis or just adverse comments as well as very pleasant ones. I have always been fairly objective about my work and honestly can sit and listen to rude comments or otherwise without raising an eyebrow.

Yesterday two ladies were fairly scathing about the sky in one of my paintings. It has to be said it is not a clear blue sky but one placed on a ground of ochre which shows through the blue~grey. Today another lady came up to me and said it was her favourite painting in the exhibition. Swings and roundabouts art is just personal opinion. Well not quite but what works for one doesnt always work for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment