Website

Monday 9 August 2010

Back in Carmarthen








We are back now having had a really good weekend away. Having caught the early train we had a relaxing journey with some delay around Reading as some rogue had stolen signalling cable. A good omen for the trip was that we saw a certain Mr. Rolf Harris a very talented artist and great ambassador for art.



I did have time for a couple of brief sketches with a cartridge pad and aquabrush. The painting above Tall Tale Leicester Square is one I did inspired from the previous visit. A group of Chinese gentlemen were having a rather animated and apparently funny conversation which caught my attention.


On the Friday we had a quick look into the National Gallery just long enough to acquaint myself with a couple of old friends including Whistlejacket below my all time favourite painting.





However the Highlight of the day was when we walked past a private gallery in SW1 and saw a painting by Ian Houston. His paintings are to my mind similar in very many respects to Edward Seago and generally well done. We went in to the gallery to have a look whereupon we found a room full of original Seago works.

I would still be there now if I could. His work is just effortless and made with the absolute minimum of brush strokes. This was a real treat for me.


More about the trip on the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment